Our Unique Approach Fosters Stability, Healing & Recovery
Recovery Café Everett is a recovery community center in a Café setting. We are a healing place for men and women in recovery from all kinds of things. We support each other on our life paths here, practice being honest, open with ourselves and others. We help out and it becomes our place. A place to have a bowl of Sarah’s peach chili, a place to share, a place to listen. Come on in the front door; we’ll say hello!
Most treatment programs last 28 days to 6 months. Everett Recovery Café begins providing ongoing recovery support where traditional treatment programs end. Our approach works! Through our supportive community and programs, our members are able to lay a foundation of recovery on which they can build for the rest of their lives.
Recovery Café Everett offers a cost-effective way of providing the support and stability individuals need to break the cycle of addiction, mental health challenges and homelessness. Sustained recovery radically reduces societal costs of addiction and mental health challenges, including the financial cost of “high utilizers” of emergency rooms, hospitals and courts.
Our Therapeutic Community Supports Change and Personal Responsibility
Our community and our programs support personal change and increase personal responsibility through the following:
- Membership in our supportive, drug and alcohol-free community
- Learning and practicing healthy behaviors within the community
- Increasing responsibility for peer support and Café operations
- Participating in weekly, loving accountability meetings called Recovery Circles
- Participating in courses addressing core issues of addiction and co-occurring disorders, tools for recovery, relapse prevention and life-skills building
- Attending 12-Step meetings and/or other recovery support groups
Recovery Café Everett is a community of healing, purpose, and hope. This safe haven from the streets provides an ongoing base of support for men and women who have suffered trauma, homelessness, addiction and/or mental health challenges. As these men and women contribute to the Café community and develop relationships with peers and staff, they establish stability in housing, mental and physical health, relationships, education and employment.
Recovery Café Everett is affiliated with but financially independent from Recovery Café in Seattle.